Because the pub is the hub
Our goal at the Grouse and Ale is to provide our customers with a warm and friendly place to go. Somewhere to eat, somewhere to relax and somewhere to celebrate.
With some nice open spaces for socialising and several nooks and crannies for quieter more intimate get togethers we believe that we have achieved this goal – at least it’s what most of our regulars say!
Rules are rules!
We don’t stand on ceremony and are open to all suggestions, but here are just some of the house rules:
- We light the fire to welcome you on cold evenings
- Our staff will always greet you with a friendly “hello”
- Our dress code like our pub is relaxed; however, people do come for special occasions. So we respectfully request that smart casual is the norm (and please gentlemen – no sleeveless T-shirts).
- We’re not exactly the Bodlean, but if you want to borrow a book from our selection – help yourself (and maybe give us some of your old books for others to share)
- We aren’t a “sports bar” but when the big games and events are on, we show them.
Dogs are very welcome in our bar area – and we provide water and snacks should they need them.